6833 Whitneyville Ave SE, Alto MI 49302 * (616) 868-6676 * CountryHarvestGreenhouse.com

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Happy Dog Treats

These treats are a huge hit with my old doggie and my mom's puppy.  I made mine with a tiny bone cutter.

2 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c all purpose flour
1/4 c cornmeal
1/4 c sunflower kernals, finely chopped
1/4 c molasses
1/4 c milk
1 tsp salt
2T oil
2 eggs, beaten
 
 
Mix all ingredients, adding more milk if needed to make dough firm. Roll out onto floured surface to 1/2 inch thickness. Use any shape cookie cutter to cut out biscuits. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until lightly toasted. To make biscuits harder, leave in oven with the heat turned off an hour or more.

Notes:

- I didn't use sunflower kernals, I think I threw in some oatmeal instead
- I added some peanut butter